Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ego or Request To a Friend

To Frank O'Reilly

write to me about the leaves
about the sea
about the stones
about the seeds
about the air
about the cross
about what’s there
left to be lost
write to me
about angels
about fire
about joseph and the manger
magdalene’s desire
write about the garbage in dublin
about the dust
about impotence
about lust
about plush whores
about dry saints
about these wars
that make us faint
about the green
the impossible blue
write to me anything
don’t write about you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there, friend. what an honor to have a poem of yours dedicated to me... megan showed it to me this morning. although i do follow your sites. i was in your part of the planet (moscow) for a week. thought of you a lot while there. here i am , writing about myself again:)
garbage in dublin is still there. we'll always be happy to see you here. always yours, frank